The business to business online community marketplace is starting to heat up and Leader Networks is helping a number of clients fill their positions for online community managers. Cisco and Lexis Nexis Martindale-Hubbell and two other clients have open positions for experienced Community Managers. If you have past experience managing or helping manage online communities, professional social networks, or WIKI projects there may be a position for you. Please send your resume and a cover letter to us at careers(at)leadernetworks.com.
Cisco Collaboratory role
Cisco Systems is seeking a Community Manager to support an internal collaboration WIKI-based initiative that currently has 8,000 users and is growing quickly. The Community Manager position is based onsite in San Jose, CA. This role is a highly visible role that combines community management, user support and communications responsibilities.
– Support Cisco Systems internal collaboration WIKI through all aspects of the user adoption cycle
– Work with management committee to identify topics and identify/recruit experts for discussions, moderation and leadership within the different project groups.
– Coordinate volunteer community moderator team to support the forums within the different projects.
– Runs a general (ubiquitous) Collaboratory help and suggestions forums and WIKI page on the Collaboratory
– Provides support and assistance to project WIKIs on an ad hoc basis and especially at critical junctures – new group to the Collaboratory, engaged in a high effort or time critical collaboration initiative
– Develop and updates a high level community calendar of forums, expert appearances, and special events.
– Seed discussions, develop poll questions, and filter request email
– Conduct and grow outreach initiatives to community users.
– Perform research to answer questions and deepen learning the CA Collaboratory
– Actively solicit content, information/processes/ plan for collaboration, and questions for discussion from community members from a high level perspective.
– Run logs and track use of the community in order to identify areas that garner much attention as well as to identify areas that does not receive much site traffic. Reports site traffic.
– Orchestrate large scale site design and content changes to reflect the evolving needs of the community.
– Respond participant inquiries and forward as appropriate.
– Serve as a voice of community to management teams as well as other departments.
Previous online community development experience required, preferably for business-related audience. Must have excellent writing ability and strong interpersonal, project management and organizational skills. Experience with enterprise-level WIKIs is preferred. Ideal candidates will thrive in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment. BA or equivalent required, preferably in social science, journalism, or English. Familiarity with Confluence WIKI tool is helpful.
Please send your resume, cover letter and salary requirements to
Please include links to public communities you have worked with when possible.Thank you for reading Building Online Communities for Business by Leader Networks. We are a research and strategy consulting company that helps organizations succeed in social business and B2B online community building.
Visit us on the web at http://www.leadernetworks.com. Connect with us on Twitter http://twitter.com/vdimauro Call us at 617 484 0778